Laboratory for Community and Economic Development. (n.d.). “Conducting a Survey in Your Community.” Accessed March 29, 2016. http://www.communitydevelopment.uiuc.edu/resources/factsheets/commsurvey.html
From the website: When community groups want to take action, influence policy, change things around, or shake things up, a community survey is an effective way to find out what people are thinking and how they feel. The Laboratory for Community and Economic Development has developed an online, Internet-based survey tool to help your community:
- Gather information about people’s attitudes and opinions.
- Find out how residents rank issues, problems and opportunities in order of importance and urgency.
- Give local people a voice in determining policy, goals and priorities.
- Determine resident’s support for initiatives.
- Evaluate current programs and policies.